Thursday, February 16, 2012









 The other day I got my first ever BirchBox. I was super excited for it. Once I opened it thought I was a little sad. I found out thought that when you get you’re your first box it is a welcome box and you will not get all the same products as everyone else. Now that I know that I am happy and cannot wait to get next month’s box. Now as for what BirchBox is, it is a monthly subscription box that you receive 5 to 6 deluxe beauty samples in it. It cost 10 dollars a month, free shipping and no surprise fees. I think it is a great way to try out some new products and share it with my readers and also find some new things I might love in the process. They have a great reward system and member store as well.  http://www.birchbox.com?raf=mnwps/  This is a link to the site so you can read some more and sign up if you would like. I am going to tell you what I got and if I have tried it or not and let you know what I think.

   The first thing I got was a Jouer moisturizing lip gloss in Birchbox Pink. I love the name, and the color is great. It is such a bright shiny pink. I gives your lips a nice pink color with great shine. The more you put on the brighter the color gets. I personally like lighter color with lots of shine because I like to play up my eyes. This lip gloss goes on nice and smooth and is not overly sticky. You can feel it on but it is not enough to bug me. I have not worn it a full day because I always change my lip gloss during the day but it did last me the first half of the day. The card that comes with the Birchbox says that a full size it $20. Overall I like it and I might think about getting a full size tube. I would like to see what other colors this company might offer. I will have to head to the site and check it out.

  The next thing we got was Eye Rock, designer liner. They are single use stick on eye liner. You get four designs in the pack and they are all cat eye type ones. I was super excited to try these because my cats eye drawing skills kind of stink. I did try out a pair, but was not the happiest with them. I used the thickest ones and realized that my eyes are not wide enough for it. I took the second one and cut it in half and tried it again. This time it looked better. I am still not fully sure what I think of them though. I am going to do my eyes up and then try the thinner one to see how they look together. I think because I used the thickest one first it has made me question them. They feel ok on and did not bug my eyes; I just want to wear them out so I can see if people notice them and what they say about them. The full size is two packs of four for $13. I have to try these some more to really decide how I feel about them.

  The next thing was a little spray bottle of Juicy Couture’s Viva La Juicy perfume. Full size is from $69 to $89. It is a mix of wild berries, mandarin, honeysuckle, gardenia, jasmine, amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline. I have to say I really really like it. I saw this in other peoples box last month and was bummed I would not get to try it. So I was so excited when it was in mine this month. I love perfumes, lotions, anything really that smells good. This has a nice summery playful scent. The smells all mix together so well and none of them are over powering. I put one spray on my wrist the morning I got the box and I could smell it at bedtime. I am always willing to spend money on perfumes that have staying power. I hate the ones that you use in the morning and are gone by the time you get to work.  I also did not think it was too over powering. It just left a nice wisp of scent when I would move my arms. I am so happy with this perfume. I am hoping that BirchBox keeps sending perfume and lotion samples because I love trying new ones.

  The next thing we got I have not tried because I am saving it for a night out and about. It is by Colorescience Pro, it is a glow and go travel puff.  From what I understand it is a puff filled with the make-up already. It says that it is more than a onetime use puff. It comes in four colors and by what I have seen everyone got different ones. I got the All Even one. It says it is medium tone and is used for everyday to camouflage cover. This I think is so cool and cannot wait to use it. Once I get to try it I will fill everyone in on how I liked it.

  The box also includes things they call lifestyle extras. In this box I got digital downloads from a new band called Green River Ordinance. I honestly have not gone to the site to check them out. I am an R&B girl, so I am not sure if it will be up my alley. When I get some time I am sure I will check them out. The other thing they gave me was Showstoppers designer fashion tape. I love this stuff. It holds you clothes in place so well. Even when you are sweaty on the dance floor it stays put. You can never have enough fashion tape.

   So that is what was in my first BirchBox. I cannot wait to see what I will get next month. The waiting kills me. I wish there was a once a week program like this. The website is above is you want to check it out.http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm280586.htmhttp://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm280586.htmhttp://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm280586.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment