Friday, March 2, 2012




   I got a few samples from BIGELOW tea the other day and I wanted to talk about the ones that I have been able to try. First this is a family run company from Fairfield CT. They sent me so much information about the benefits of tea and all about their company. They talk about their 300 employees, so it is a pretty small company. Small companies seem to always put such care into their products; I personally like to get things from smaller companies or mom and pop brand just for that reason. Since starting this blog I like to also go to the company’s web page to find out what I can about them and their products, so here is their site if you would like to check them out. http://www.bigelowtea.com/. It is a great site with recipes, information about the tea and tells you about some of the projects they do with the community.

  Now to the tea, the first one I tried was their Earl Grey. When I opened it, it had such a nice spiced type smell. I heated my water poured it over the bag and steeped for two minutes. It released much more of the smell, filled the whole dining room. After adding my sugar and relaxing, I got my first sip. It was so good. Nice and smooth with that nice spiced flavor.  It was my first time having Earl Grey tea and I really enjoyed it. It is a tea that I could pick up and drink again and again. I am wondering how it would be made into ice tea, I will have to try that next and fill you all in.

   The next one I tried was their Vanilla Chai tea. I LOVED it. I love chai tea and I usually get it from coffee shops because I did not think I could get a good one at home. Boy, was I wrong. Drinking it was just like getting one from the coffee house but WAY cheaper. I loved the smell of the vanilla and all the spices. It made my house smell so good, I wish I could make it last. I heated the water then poured it over; I found steeping it for 3 minutes worked great. All I had to do was add a little sugar and I was all set. I went out the next day and got a box of these, and have had one every morning with breakfast. I am in love with it.

    I have a few more of the samples to get through and I will try to have them all done by the end of the week so I can tell you about how they are. If they are as good as these two, they will all be great. I am really really happy I found this tea. I got my box at Target just because that was where I was headed and it cost me 2.34, so not a bad price either. I hope everyone gives them a try. If you do or if you have drank them before let me know. I would love to know what other people think about the product too. http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm280586.htmhttp://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm280586.htmhttp://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm280586.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment