Saturday, October 19, 2013

Products not worth buying


 I am not a person who likes to do negative reviews, but I have two lip products that I have gotten, that I just do not care for no matter how I use them or what I do with them. These are things that I got with my own money and kind of sad about them not working out.
  The first lippies is from a web site called The Body Needs. It is their lip luster in Tokyo Pink. The packaging is simple and that is one of the reasons why it is a cheap price. I would have really loved for it to work because the color is so pretty. The site says it is a dupe for MAC’s St. Germain, having not used or seen St. Germain in person I cannot say yes or no to that. For this is that the lip luster is super soft and gooey. It is in a very thin lipstick tube, and I would have thought that is would have stayed like a normal lipstick, but it is nothing like it. I cannot twist it back down because it is so soft and yucky. It goes on your lips like a gooey, sloppy mess. It does not go on smooth; it is super hard to get a smooth coat on your lips. Once you put your lips together it is all over the place again. It is just a greasy mess that never sets or stays in place. I have tried it with lip liner, concealer, anything I can think of to make it stop bleeding and stay put. I did get a sample of MAC’s Candy Yum Yum from the site which was great. The shipping took around two weeks, but there were no problems at all with that, or ordering from the site. I would think about ordering more samples from them, because I cannot see spending the price on a full tube of MAC that I will never use all of, but I will shy away from their lip products. Within the next two weeks, I am going to look into ordering some of their eye products so I can share what I think of them with you. They have amazing colors at a good price that I would love to try.



   The next product is the Wet n Wild megalast liquid lip color. The only color I have is Click on my hyperpink ,924A, I am very glad it is the only color that I have. I LOVE this color to death and wished this was not a negative post about the product.  First thing I noticed was the scent; it reminds me of old burned plastic and just makes me want to put it away as soon as I open it. It goes on smooth and even with no problems. The problems come into play once it starts to set. It gets so dry on my lips I cannot stand it. It settles in every line of your lips so it makes them look dry and yucky too. When I put it on I put lip balm on first, then apply the megalast and top with a lip gloss. I am still not sure if I like it how it looks this way. The lip color still settles in the lines and makes it a little blotchy. I have not tried to see how long it lasts because I am not happy with it and just take it off again. Overall the color is gorgeous and very pigmented, but it is so drying and settles into lines so it makes me not want to wear it. It also leaves nasty pink on everything from cups to food.




  Take a second to please like my Facebook page; I post new blog on the site and contests. https://www.facebook.com/CasandrasGiveaways?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment